Monday, November 16, 2009

10 things people never really tell you...

And maybe it's on purpose!

After 9 months of carrying a child:

1. The water breaking isn't just a one time thing... you could be sitting in the doctor's office after it broke once and all of a sudden have wet pants...again!

2. The labor and delivery floor has a pretty awesome stash of crackers, tea and ice chips!

3. Some nurses don't say goodbye to you when their shift ends.

4. Newborn babies look really gross when they first come out- you kinda look at your kid and go, hmmm...OK....looks good....she's gonna be a cutie?

5. The "bugger sucker" is the coolest thing you walk away from the hospital with- besides your new child.

6. You suddenly become really good friends with the "always" brand...

7. Maternity clothes fit better AFTER delivery.

8. Breastfeeding HURTS LIKE HELL at first. But then again, it's not foreplay....said one of the nurses...no joke.

9. Diapers really do go fast, and it's about 18 cents per diaper!

10. No matter how much you sleep when baby sleeps during the day, no one EVER wants to wake up in the middle of the night.

Despite the fact that either no one told me these things or someone did and I just didn't listen... it's the greatest thing in the world to look at my little baby Katin and just watch her live.

2 comments:

  1. I loved your comment about breast feeding!! :) No joke I wish someone would have shared that little bit of info with me too! So funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a a great list! I wish I would've written my initial thoughts down at the time... I can't remember anything now! A few notes for you:

    Diapers get more expensive as they get bigger. I think we're up to a quarter per diaper. Yikes!

    The water breaking thing might STILL happen... except now it's not your water. Weak bladder control, you know?

    I was sad too when nurses didn't say goodbye! That's funny. It's like we really thought we were "special" and had formed a special bond with them. As if they don't deal with twenty of "us" a day...

    The foreplay comment is HI. LAR. I. OUS. Seriously funny. Is it going better for you now?

    ReplyDelete