Thursday, January 20, 2011

I knew it!

So there I was...standing in front of the mirror checking out my big belly when it hit me. I'm HUGE! And if I don't really look huge, I feel huge. I feel as big as I did when I delivered Katin.

So I took out the tape measure from my dear hubby's construction bags and tried to measure myself. Supposedly, you measure the same number of weeks that you're pregnant. I'm 27 weeks. I would have bet that I measured 37 weeks. Lo and behold, the metal tape measure didn't work. And I'm pretty sure they don't use inches either. Maybe it's centimeters? Hmm...

So I had to wait until I saw the doctor. Which just so happened to be the next day... I walked into the small room and there it was...the evil tape measure! 27 weeks pregnant and measuring 29 whatevers. I knew it! So I guess I have every right to say I feel and AM huge! Well, maybe not. I'm not having twins. And I'm not that big...I think it's just my ooey, gooey muscles that never really tightened up after Katin was born that are just hanging out in there not very securet. So, here I am...29 whatevers and 27 weeks pregnant knowing that I'm just gonna get bigger. So here's to a bigger size maternity shirt and more sweat pants! Here's to (hopefully) eating less cinnamon rolls and more edamame beans. Here's to a growing belly, that despite the size, reminds me every day of our little miracle that God is knitting together.

Although you are hard to sleep with, and you make it hard to eat a lot at one sitting, and you often get kicked by this little 15 month old running around, I love you Belly. I love you very much. Cuz Belly means Baby!

Ok, now I'm hungry...I wonder if there is any ice cream in the freezer.........

1 comment:

  1. Where's the photographic evidence?!?
    P.S. You can never be "huge"
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete