Friday, August 21, 2009

A Place to Rest

Our little girl will now have a place to lay her head. The crib came!!! It was about 6:30 when Thomas got home to a big box and he couldn't wait to put it together. I said putting it together tomorrow would be fine, but he was just too excited. So... here he is getting all the parts out of the box.







And here he is being silly... it's kinda funny how much a crib looks like a jail. Is that what it's supposed to be? I guess when you put your kid in a crib, you expect it to stay put and confined to one area...like jail! Hahaha.. And can I just say, my super handy husband didn't look at the instruction manual. He got all the parts out and knew exactly what to do with them. I was a little skeptical, but as you can see below, he did a great job!




Here it is!!! After putting it all together we really wanted to put all the bedding on it. So, of course, Thomas said we should go get a mattress and put it all together for real. It will be all ready by the time this crazy girl comes! I would like to point out the two blankets.. The one on the left is the one my Grandma made for either me or Becky and my mom used it for us and for Harrison. And she has passed it on to us for our daughter. And, the one on the right... PINK MANK!!!! Harrison couldn't say blanket, so he said mank, and he had a white one forever... I think he still has it somewhere. He got us a pink one. :) So, baby room is pretty much ready! What else do we need? Once you put a crib in a room it looks just like a nursery. OK, baby, we're ready for you... I think... We're excited to meet you!!!!!!!!!!!! Will you have hair? Will you look like an alien? Will you cry a lot? Will you like sleeping like your daddy?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome crib! I am glad that things are coming together for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it! And I freaking hope she likes to sleep like Thomas. That would be the most awesome baby ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious!! It's really happening now!! I can't WAIT to meet my special niece!!!!! And I bet she won't have hair until she's 4, and then it will be the most perfect head of hair for the rest of her life (just like her mother's). And yay for PINK MANK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristen! I saw your blog on Ash Swanson's :) So good to see you and how close you are to having that baby!!! Hope you're feeling well! It won't be long now. I'm sure you're so anxious to meet that little girl :) (and p.s. girls are the BEST)

    see you soon! Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete