Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Winter Olympics 2010

To Vancouver they go! I got such a kick out of my Olympic-themed party that I couldn't help but blog about.

To all of you who join me every night slouching on the couch or in bed with your eyes half closed...barely staying awake to watch the last ice skater or bobsled team or super G racer....this is for you. GO USA!!! And GO BOB COSTAS!!!

First off...my invitation included this poem written by me :)

The games are coming to Vancouver this year,
You must come celebrate- for USA we'll cheer!

Watching the snowbarders get wicked air,
We all better find a nice comfy chair.

For all day long we will stare at the tube,
Watching figure skating, ski jumping and the louge.

Cheering so loud for Ono and White,
Exciting winter games we'll watch for 17 nights.

Oh my gosh, I can't hold it in,
I'm just so darn excited for all the golds we will win.

Hearing our anthem play loud and clear,
We will join with our athletes shedding a happy tear.

Oh how the five rings bring a smile to my face,
I just can't wait for speed skating, hockey and the downhill ski race.

So join in the fun and bring your appetite too,
There will be snacks and drinks- it won't be the same without YOU!

Party goers were welcomed with a colorful, homemade sign of the Olympic Rings. Excited yet?

I made an Olympic Word Search...complete with the words Bob Costas, Bobseld and of course, Katin.

You can't have an Olympic party without Gold Medals...so, thanks to Aunt Donna, we made her delicious and famous sugar cookies. We decorated them with appropriate Olympic things like skiers, hockey sticks, and the word "gold" so you knew what they were :)

C'mon now...what's an Olympic party without a seven layer Hockey Rink???!!! We wanted to make two little hockey players punching each other in the face, but decided to keep it simple...and friendly. Yes, that's Tabasco sauce making the center line.

It's gotta be the cutest darn thing you've ever seen...ants on a log as the bobsled teams. So cute! And there wasn't any discrimination...two man teams are in the mix if you look closely.

Ta daaaaaa!!! The Olympic Cake! Can't get more authentic than that. I know you are singing the song in your head as you look at those beautiful rings. Duuuuuuunnnnnn....duuuunnnn....duunn..dunn...dun dun dun.....
So to all of you Olympic fans out there....keep it up....it's only every four years that you stay up til midnight secretly hoping someone crashes on the downhill course (no injuries though:))

6 comments:

  1. Oh man- that is awesome! Sounds like a lot of fun. And nice poem. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO FUN! That takes talent, seriously. But you're a teacher so you are naturally good at that kinda stuff - you know, like poems and pastries. Way to go, rockstar. Next time, I'm there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had so much fun at the party! though i just noticed that it looks like it says "Olynpics" on your cake. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bobsled teams are hilarious. You guys are so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT!?!?! It let me comment! Normally your blog does NOT let me comment. Ever. I didn't expect that to go through, but went through the motions like I always do. Weird...

    Now I'm excited. I'm going to comment on other stuff now. :)

    ReplyDelete