Monday, February 1, 2010

There's a Man I Know

You know those moments when you finally sit down and your head starts to bob...

That moment when you put your hand on your cheek and it becomes your pillow...

Eyes become heavy...

I just had a moment like that. It's crazy how quickly I can fall asleep these days. No matter where I am or what kind of pillow I have at that very moment, I can just fall asleep. Sometimes I don't though. Because as soon as my little Katin Cutie Pie crashes in her crib, I think to myself....

dishes or nap?

laundry or nap?

cook or nap? (well, I never really think this)

blog or nap?

At this moment, I chose blog. So, here it is. My blog post for today. February 1, 2010.

There's a man I know, his name is Grandpa. He's tall, funny and thoughtful. Every time I see Grandpa he gives me a very strong hug...not some lame wimpy hug that you get from people who think they might break you- or you them. A solid hug. Grandpa is a solid hug giver, and I don't get them enough. And every time I see him he makes me put my hand on the table so he can pat it. It's his special way of saying I love you. I don't get those special I love you pats enough.

Not enough because Grandpa lives far away. Despite the 1600 miles between us, Grandpa seems close today. He seems closer today than ever before because Grandpa is sick. Grandpa is in my prayers all the time, but especially now. Now that he has some fighting to do. And although I want him to win the fight, there's something else I'm praying for. Jesus. I pray that today Jesus will give Grandpa a solid Grandpa hug and that Jesus will give him a special I love you pat. Will Grandpa hug him back? Will Grandpa pat him back? I hope so.

Praying for Grandpa- and quite possibly using my hand as my pillow soon...

Love you all!

1 comment: