Friday, May 14, 2010

Baby Dedication

These are some things I thought about as I stood up on stage:
*Katin, please don't cry.
*Katin, please don't pull mommy's hair.
*Katin, please don't yank mommy's shirt down.
*Katin, please don't get scared of the lights and people.

So, I thought it was a good thing that Thomas and I seriously discussed our decision to dedicate Katin to the Lord before going up on stage. We talked about what it means to dedicate her and what standing in front of the congregation to do it means to our brothers and sisters in Christ.

I was so glad that I understood what we were about to do before it actually happened. Because if we hadn't I would have just walked away with a rose in one hand, a dedicated baby in the other, wondering if I flashed the audience!

Katin is not ours. She is our gift from God. As soon as we stared nervously at the stick saying "pregnant" we knew He had a gift for us. She is the most wonderful gift imaginable. We love her so much and we publicly announced that we promise to do the best we can to be Godly parents, remembering each day that she is ultimately His. Just like I am His, she is His. I pray everyday that she will grow up and know that she is His. And that He is hers...forever.

Katin, we love you. But not as much as God loves you. Crazy, I know. What a precious (and cute) gift we have!



2 comments:

  1. what a wonderful moment for you guys! Sad I missed it. You are such beautiful, Godly people, I know you'll continue to be wonderful guides in Katin's life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tears....:) thanks for reminding us that we are all His, and our children are too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete