Thursday, October 27, 2011

Katin's 2nd Bee Day

I'm not one who's big on themed birthday parties, but it didn't take long to come up with a theme for Katin's birthday this year. It was the year of the Bee for us. Read this to find out more!

Now there's a gazillion ideas online (thank goodness for the internet where I can steal, I mean, borrow, ideas) for bee themed parties. I noticed a few I liked and tried to get a little crafty, which is a bit of a stretch for me. Not only because I don't really have time to be crafty, but because it's just not in my nature to BEE crafty! Now my sister....she's crafty! Check out some of her stuff here.

So onto the bee ideas! I had three goals- make a sign, bake cupcakes and create a party favor. The rest was left to the park and pizza. It turned out great! I accomplished my three goals...with a little help :) And the Bee Day was a big hit!

I thought that if we didn't invite the few great friends Katin has made here in California it would be a missed opportunity for great memories in the form of pictures. Because we may just move back to Colorado and not have the chance to have these buddies at another birthday party. Thinking about this does make my heart sad....we've met some really terrific friends, reconnected with old ones and love sharing life with them all!

Like I said, the Bee Day was a blast! I could have gone WAY overboard with this bee theme, but one...who has time to go overboard, and two...let's be honest...it gets expensive!

Thanks to all our friends for BUZZING by and making Katin's BEE day a BEE-utiful one!

Bee Day Decorations


Cupcakes- I baked, frosted and decorated. So cute!


Party Favors- Jarred Colorado Honey


Year of the Bee Poem- Read it here

And now for some cute Bee Day Pictures:











BIIIIIG BITE!


Yummy frosting!


Hmm...I'd like a bite of yours too...


I think I'll have another, thank you


Love it!


We love you Katin!
Happy Birthday

3 comments:

  1. Turned out darling. I love the honey giveaway idea and those cupcakes look yummy! Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that turned out WAY cuter than I ever imagined! I so wish I could have been there - it looked perfect! Katin is BEEutiful and her friends are all adorable!! Great party, Kristen. This crafter gives you two thumbs up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are WAY crafty...and I love the poem! Happy Birthday, Katin!!

    ReplyDelete