Monday, November 7, 2011

Mommy's Major Mishap Monday

So I like alliterations. Whenever my students would use them I'd smile. They're just always amazingly awesome. There's really no better title for my new weekly blogging adventure.

I'm a mommy who happens to make major mistakes....and I'll write about them on Mondays.

This one, fancy enough, happened to happen today. It's called: Diving through the Doggie Door

Off we went, my mom and I, with both girls in tow. Where else would we be heading other than Chick fil A? It was going so smoothly, the pleasant car ride, the nuggets, the sweet tea. On our way then to the park.

Then we got home.

We were locked out.

The house where I reside would NOT be a good place to try and break in. It's virtually ADT'd without the monthly cost. Two barking dogs, doors all dead bolt locked, window screens facing the wrong direction and a garage door that requires a special garage door opener. It was quickly that I realized this could be bad and I might have to call...dun...dun...dun...my husband! At work! (Which is never really a good idea unless I'm going into labor) Turns out I didn't have to call him. Because...

We have a doggie door! Do I fit through it? No way! Does Katin? Heck yes!

She followed directions really well actually. I told her to climb through the doggie door, go around the couch and open this door for mommy. She did it without a glitch. So proud of her!

But there she stood...blank faced....looking a bit worried. "How do you want me to open this door, mom? There's a dead bolt lock and I can't reach it" was what her face was saying. So there we stood. Me, my mom and Aubrey on the outside of the house while Katin was stuck on the inside. Not for long though because when I told her to climb back through the doggie door and come back out with mommy she pleasantly obliged. I'm pretty sure she thought climbing through the doggie door was totally terrific.

So my mishap- sending Katin through the doggie door only to be locked INSIDE as we stood OUTSIDE. Or may it was FORGETTING my house key! Or maybe it was just leaving the house altogether...

Look out for this girl....climbing through your doggie doors!

oh yea, thanks to Angie...the neighbors actually have a key to our house. so if you DO want to break in just kindly ask the neighbors for their extra key and yes, I also think it's time for a bigger doggie door! :)

1 comment:

  1. SO WAIT! Don't leave us in suspense! Are you typing this from the porch on your laptop? Did you have to wait for Thomas to get home? Did YOU crawl through the doggy door? Inquiring minds need to know!

    I think it's time to get bigger dogs. You know, just in case this ever happens again.

    ReplyDelete