Monday, November 14, 2011

Mommy's Major Mishap Monday

Hello again...

And hello to another major mishap. This one's good.

It happened just a few months ago (granted these happen to me pretty much daily) and Katin and I were getting ready for a birthday party. It was a warm Saturday morning and one of those mornings where you wonder why you even got up...everything seemed to rub me the wrong way. Didn't matter though because we were headed for a party. I knew exactly what I wanted Katin to wear. If you've read my blog before or seen any pictures of my girls you know that I'm not one to put them in dresses. But this, my friends, was a birthday party. And this called for a party dress.

Dress falls perfectly. Hair bows in place. Party shoes on her feet. Present in hand. Despite my not-so-good attitude we were ready to party!

Thomas and Aubrey wouldn't be joining us due to the common cold, so it was just Katin and I off and away in the mini van.

And so we arrived. And so begins my embarrassing moment!

Of course we weren't exactly on time. And it was eyebrow raising to me that there was lots of parking in front of the house. And no one was outside. It was a sunny day. There was no pinata, no kids, no bounce house, no people! Well, except the DAD of the child who just so happened to pull up as we were knocking on the front door. (Seriously, why did we even knock...obviously nothing was happening) He was just getting back from surfing. OK, clue number 5,000....the dad would probably be at the party and NOT surfing.

I humbly walked up to him and said "Katin and I are here for the party...a day early. We were just too excited we couldn't wait any longer."

He chuckled and said to come back tomorrow. With my head down we got back in our van and headed home.

And Thomas...boy did he get a laugh out of this one after we walked back through the door only 15 minutes later. Shaking his head he hugged me and said...I love you sweetie.

Just a little mishap really. Nothing big... all dressed up in our party attire, Katin ready to jump around in the bouncy house and who do we have to face....the DAD! We did end up going back the next day despite my desire to stay home where there was going to be no mention of showing up to a party a day early. But we had a good time and Katin jumped her morning away...

With all the mishaps that have and will happen...I know you'll love me no matter what....
I love being your mommy, Katin!

3 comments:

  1. At least it was not a day late! Thanks for sharing, it happens to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love you, my friend! I've done the same..but we were late..a week late! They switched the days on the evite & I never noticed. Also, the party was at Monkey Business-the indoor play area-so Addie had to see a whole bunch of other kids playing, but we couldn't go in cuz it was a different party! It was one of my worst days. Also, we had been a no show to the actual party after rsvp-ing, so I had to call the mom & apologize & set up a play date so Addie could deliver her gift. ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was going to end up being the story about how you brought a gift to the "no gift/donate to charity instead" birthday party. This is even better though! It's okay, you are still an incredible mommy!

    ReplyDelete