Friday, September 25, 2009

A Sandwich and the Mountains

Yes, it's true... a sandwich was finally consumed and we embraced the beauty of the mountains. After about 8 months without his favorite cold cut, he finally gets a sandwich. A few weeks ago, I packed an AWESOME picnic for Thomas and I to share. He had the day off work so we drove all the way up Baseline to Gross Reservoir to have a picnic. It was a beautiful day. We found this little nook in the middle of some rocks and trees...a perfect place to set up the chairs. It was overlooking the reservoir.Thomas began to unpack the lunch and found himself a turkey sandwich! He was so excited! That sandwich was gone in a flash. I enjoyed my PB and J...but really wished I had a turkey sandwich too. Doctor says to stay away from deli meats, unless you heat them up. YUCK! So, PB and J is what I eat a lot these days....or grilled cheese....or just ice cream.

The picnic was fabulous- lots of fun food to eat and a great view...unless my belly is in the way :)A few weeks later, we were off to the mountains for the weekend! We went to Allens Park with Heather, Daniel, Miriam, Deborah, Stephen and Monica. It was good family time... a great view from the cabin, good food shared, and of course movies and games. Staying at the cabin that weekend was quite a retreat and we absolutely loved spending time with our family and relaxing. Thanks Heather!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm usually really good about checking your blog at least once a day. Usually I find myself disappointed because there are no new updates. Sure enough, the few days I let pass without checking, you update. I like it :) You and Thomas really rock my socks off and I can't wait for you to bring the coolest baby girl into this world! You do realize that she will be spoiled rotten by her Aunt Bikini and Uncle D, right?

    I like turkey sandwiches, especially those from Salvaggios! And I'm angry that my camera is still missing because you could have had a really cool blog post about our visit accompanied by some sweet pictures of our girls weekend. :(

    Love you mucho!

    ReplyDelete