Monday, April 23, 2012

Conversations with Katin

Katin is talking.  A lot!  The only time she's really quiet is when she's sleeping or eating.  But even then, she gets in a word or two.  I've come to enjoy my conversations with her these days.  Like our "5 talks" at bedtime.  Or when we talk about what we did at BSF in the car.  Or our chats about her school days ahead while we look out the window into the schoolyard full of kids.

I had to let you know what she was telling me the other day.

As we looked out the window into the schoolyard she told me all about her soon to be school days.

"Me go to school.  All by myself.  No mommy.  No daddy.  No Aubrey.  All by myself.  Bring backpack too."

"Oh yea, you're going to bring a backpack, huh?  What color?"

"Pink.  Match pants."

"What are you going to put in your backpack for school?"

"Ummm... (she really says ummm) juice.  Gum.  Green gum.  Black pants."

"Sounds good, Katin.  Sounds good."

If you know my daughter, you know about the black pants.  They don't leave the house.  But apparently she's going to take them to school.  Along with gum.  And juice.  All of which I believe are not allowed.

I love my conversations with Katin.  :)

1 comment: