Thursday, July 26, 2012

Tradition

Every summer since I was 7 my dad has taken me camping at Bass Lake.  It's a pine tree surrounded lake up near Yosemite.  And since the start of this tradition I have only missed two summers!  One when Thomas and I got married...we had "better" things to do.  And two right after I had Aubrey.  I guess you could say we had "better" things to do then too.  Anyway, I have really grown to love this tradition and I hope there are still many more Bass Lake summers ahead.  Even though the lake seems a bit more crowded these days and the people who join us vary each year...a few things will always stay the same.  My dad will always be there.  I will fulfill my s'more quota for the year.  And the smell will always cause me to close my eyes and thank God for nature, family and friends.  Oh...and until I can't no more (good english) I will always.  Always.  Always. go for at least one ski run.

This summer was no different.  The smell, the ski runs, the s'mores, the dad!  It was all so good!  And the best part was that we got to camp with 16 other people!  It was a big year for guest campers.  It was a blast!  Katin and Aubrey did an amazing job adapting to dirt life.  The loved it!  And I accepted very quickly that the lake would be their way of getting "clean" for the next few days.  And mine too.  There are so many highlights from this year that you'll have to take a gander at the photos.  But here are a few things that made the top of my list:
*sleeping with Thomas on an air mattress that folded up like a taco each night- really, it was so fun to cuddle!
*smelling like campfire
*watching Katin drive the sea-doo
*going on a tube ride with the whole family (Katin called it a couch- see why below)
*learning how to make a more aggressive cut while skiing (Thanks Martin!)
*fudge bucket anyone?!
*napping in a hammock

Enjoy the pics!  And let me know if you want to join us next time!!!  All are welcome :)





















1 comment:

  1. You have a little model on your hands! Sooo cute!

    Ali

    ReplyDelete