Thursday, September 20, 2012

DEN to ATL


This past weekend my mom, Katin and I flew to Atlanta to celebrate my dear sister!  (and her baby and her hubby)  It was so fun!  We went to some fun restaurants, unique to Atlanta, and my mom even ordered shrimp n grits in true southern fashion.  And in between grits and football and indoor legoland and Callie and BBQ's and walks in the neighborhood and visiting the park and meeting friends and family and riding on MARTA (Katin's favorite ride) we actually attended a beautiful baby shower.  It was so wonderfully decorated!  The food was great and Becky got some really useful baby stuff.  It was so sweet and I really enjoyed talking with her Atlanta friends (who, yes, all have southern accents).  We had a wonderful time and it's only a matter of days now til I get to return to actually meet Mini Kinney!!!  Love you sis!  You're going to be a great mom.  In fact, here is a second grade homework assignment acrostic poem to prove it!

B- Belief in Jesus which I'm sure you'll share with your sweet baby girl!
E- Encouraging- you are so good at letting people know that they are awesome!  You're going to to nothing less with your own child!
C- Caring- I know you're going to do anything necessary to make sure your baby is well taken care of.
K- Kinesthetic- you are always on the move and I know your little one will also love being outside and trying new things like, oh, four wheeling in Costa Rica!
Y- "Yintentional"- (I really wanted to use the word intentional)- You are so purposeful in all you do and I know you will do the same with baby- whether it's building legos (you're great at that!) or preparing a healthy meal.

Let's be honest though, you're going to be a great mom because you HAVE a great mom!  


More trip pics....
 Got my ticket mom!

 Yes, those are her black pants- they made the trek...

 Legoland Atlanta!







 Her favorite ride at Legoland- I think she went on it 6 times.

 One of four diaper cakes at the shower!

 Fruit Baby




 Not intended for play, but my two year old thought it was a great toy!

 Laguna Beach Onesie :)

 Fun weekend Becky!  Thanks for making more memories :)


3 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! And Kristen I love your colorful shirt, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time! Love the blog updates : )
    -Your dedicated reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you!!!!!!!!! Such a good trip. Can't wait for you to come back and meet your new niece and teach me all about how to be a good mommy :)

    ReplyDelete