Thursday, May 7, 2009

Heil Valley Ranch...More Like Hurl Valley Ranch

The other day I went on a field trip with my students to Heil Valley Ranch. We took our nature journals, lunches and hiking shoes and started exploring all the scat, prints and wildlife we could find. Well, the bus ride there was a bit bumpy...a lot bumpy actually. I was sitting in the front seat near the window so you'd think I'd be OK. HA! When we finally arrived, I thanked Jesus I was on land again. I felt fine hiking around and laughing with my group of students, especially at the one kid who decided it would be a good idea to taste things along the trail. (I hope he's OK) It wasn't long until baby really decided to tell me bus rides were NOT a good idea. After playing in the creek (pronounced crick around these parts) we ate our lunches and got back on the bus. That's when it all turned upside down...literally. Now, if you're eating or preparing food, or just have a weak stomach, stop reading now. But for those of you who might need a laugh, keep reading. I tried really hard to breathe deep and get some air on the way back to school, but I could just tell I was going to hurl any second. As soon as the bus pulled up, I jolted into my classroom and sat near the trash can and hoped the kids would just go right to recess. They did. After a few minutes of just feeling sick, but nothing happening, I went to the hall to ask my teammate to watch my class when they got back inside. I only made it to "Hey Amanda, will you..." And then it was straight to the garbage from there puking up everything in me. This poor lady who works with me held my hair back and got me water and napkins. It was gross to say the least, but at least she is a mom and has seen worse...I hope... Well, after that, I felt much better. Just needed to get that out of my system and now I know to NEVER ride the bus! So far, baby has taught me these two very important things: Never ride a school bus and never eat hot dogs. We'll see what else is in store! Hope you all have a terrific day! After all that, I know you're thinking...she has the best job ever! I do, I know. It's awesome. As you all were sitting around working, I was on a hike in the mountains with my students...doesn't get much better!

Love to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Love ya, sis. Glad someone was there to hold your hair back for you. I would love to say that I would have done the same, but....you know me and puking. I probably would have grabbed the next nearest trash can and joined you. ; ) And I AM a mom. Oh boy, I'm in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh!! And you really do have the best job ever. I'm so proud of you. I love you! SEE YOU AND BABY SOON!

    ReplyDelete