Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lying in a Hammock eating Raspberries

Doc says I'm 17 weeks and 3 days, but books say I'm 18 weeks along.  Either way you look at it, I've got a belly.  A belly that's screaming for stretchy pants and bigger shirts.  But so far all I've really done regarding baby is start a blog, had numerous headaches (which my aunt calls "practice headaches" for when baby is a teenager), no morning sickness, lots of gas, one puke session and I've bought one toy.  It's been easy peasy so far....thank God!  My favorite thing about being pregnant is two fold...one is hearing the heartbeat when we go to the doctor and two is Thomas.  My next visit is June 17 and we will find out then whether our baby...as mom puts it...will pee standing up or sitting down.  Woohoo!!!  When I think about a kid I think about buying it footballs and baseball bats, but my mind soon thinks of hair bows and tea parties.  I think I'd prefer going to baseball games than having pretend tea parties, so hopefully baby...if it's a girl...will be like me!  Most days I'm really excited to be a mom (mostly becuase Thomas will be the dad) but on a rare occasion I FREAK OUT...thinking to myself what the heck am I going to do?!  I have to breastfeed...holy s***t!!  The freak out sessions usually end with thoughts of labor and then I quickly grab some ice cream or a pickle to forget about it all.

Now back to Thomas...  he is pretty much the best thing EVER!  He has been absolutely wonderful!  From making dinner to being patient when I cry over silly things to letting me drive because I get car sick.  He's a great hubby and I seriously thank God for him every day!  Im' not joking when I say that right before I started blogging this entry I was lying in our hammock on our deck watching the sunset and Thomas comes out and says dinner is almost ready and hands me a bowl of raspberries for my appetizer.  Now that's the life!  That's the pregnant life!  Don't you all wish you had Thomas around?!?!?!  

1 comment:

  1. Totally. I wish I had Thomas around. = ) Tell him to come over and make us dinner! pronto.

    ReplyDelete