Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

I've hopped on the train...the WIWW train...along with lots of other bloggers who were inspired by this random girl who encourages people to actually get dressed! I wasn't really inspired by her, per-say, but rather by my friend, Angie. I'm totally guilty of NOT getting dressed. Or at least not putting much effort into what I wear. Some days my loving husband kisses me goodbye in the morning only to find me in the same "clothes" from when he kissed me goodbye earlier. I really do love me some sweatpants! Especially on the days when I know I'm not going anywhere. And on the days that I do actually go somewhere...I still just tend to throw on whatever is lying around and call it good.

Let's be honest. It's way more comfy to breastfeed in sweats. Prepare three meals in sweats. Wipe excess baby food on sweats. Pick up toys in sweats. Do laundry in sweats. Console crying babies in sweats. Have tea parties in sweats. Build block towers in sweats. Even have a play date in sweats. It's really hard for me to get out of them! I've even tried dressing them up with a cute top and jean jacket!

So, after perusing Angie's blog about what she wore Wednesday I decided to give it a go! I think the real rules are to actually get dressed everyday, but I'm taking baby steps. I'm going to actually get dressed on...well, Wednesdays! It's the only day that I know I will be leaving the house and therefore choose my outfit the night before. So, if you see me out and about on a Wednesday, you'll know that I've been to Bible Study...in Orange County...where apparently no one owns sweats!
Tank: Old Navy
Sweater: Target
Jeans: Old Navy
Boots: Payless
I know I've got some work to do...like who remembers to wear accessories?!?! And who actually stays in these outfits after they get back home?!?!?!

6 comments:

  1. I have the same Target sweater :) you look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your humor! You look darling, looking forward to seeing more cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that I get to see you more! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute outfit!! I totally hear ya on the sweats...and I don't even have kids yet. Working from home 3 days a week isn't exactly motivation to get dressed (or shower for that matter)!

    Way to go : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute! I, too, have the same Target sweater. I think everyone does, actually. It's the best, and so soft!

    Oh and by the way, a hairtie totally counts as an accessory in my book :)

    Love ya sis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are ADORABLE! I had to pop by your blog while I neglected (or hid) from my children. I love this little blog world! Thanks for letting me peek! :) (I'm cracking up at your Dugger comment!!!! You look CUTE!)

    ReplyDelete