Friday, February 10, 2012

www.bragspot.com


I will just go ahead and use this area to brag about my kids, k?

Seriously, who wouldn't want to brag about this face:


Or this one:


Not only are they FREAKING ADORABLE, but they are so wonderful to be around and watch and play with and explore with and breathe with. Everyday is joy. (well, at least parts of everyday)

Like today.

The girls and I have been going "daddy-less" all week and today was the first day we headed out to Chick fil a. Those of you who know me well are probably surprised by this. You thought I'd be there every day. HA. I cook. Sometimes. OK, I pour and heat things up and spread stuff. And I'll be the first to admit that I cannot replicate the mouthwatering goodness of a chick fil a nugget. So...there we were.

Katin and her buddy had to eat their meals before playing in the play thingy. I don't even know what to call it because I don't even really like it! Talk about claustrophobia! And ear piercing loudness! (loudness...good word) But, alas, I had to let her because her buddy was going.

The shoes came off and she went running. Boy did she love that indoor play thingy! But about halfway through her galavanting she decided she would play better without her socks. Maybe she thought they were slowing her down with their slipperiness (another good word). Or maybe her feet started to sweat from all that running. Or maybe she was over the jingle that her cute socks made every time she took a step. Whatever the case, she took them off and the next thing I saw was a little Katin running around without socks. (Better than without pants)

But I immediately thought, uh oh...the cute jingly (and disgustingly dirty) socks are up there in that tunnel and I'm never going to get them down.

Oh no my friends. My little Katin is smart. Observant. Determined. Anal even. She knew right where those socks were supposed to go. (Mind you she's only been in that indoor play thingy once and it wasn't for long because mommy was going INSANE!) I went inside and asked her, "Katin, where are your socks?"

"There mommy." (pointing to the cubbies where all the shoes and socks were located)

I just smiled and thought...why did I even ask. Of course she would take off her socks and place them in a cubby. Duh, mom. That's where they go!

I know. I know. She's awesome. I can't get enough of her!!!

Or her sister!

Aubrey...sweet baby Aubrey... She just loves loves loves her sister. She loves sleeping in the same room as her. She loves rolling around with her. She loves pulling her sister's hair. She loves it when her sister feeds her. She loves laughing at her sister in the car. She loves it when her sister sings to her. She loves getting in the middle of everything her sister is doing.

And here's proof:


Aubrey just recently started pulling herself up onto furniture. And talk about a determined sister...this little one will get red-faced trying to pull herself up. And she won't stop till she's up.

But c'mon, how cute is this!? Katin sets up store and uses her little computer as the cash register. She scans every single one of her food items (my guess is about 1,000 or so) and places them in bins. This is actually one of my favorite games....cuz I DON'T HAVE TO PLAY! I'm pretty sure Katin is going to have her sister bagging groceries in no time.

They are so stinkin' cute. Daddy is missing some cuteness this week, that's for sure. But he'll be home soon. "Green Circle" soon. Ask Katin when he gets home and she'll tell you "green circle". (Mommy made a paper chain and the last one is green) Only two more to go!!! WOOHOO!!!!

OK, www.bragspot.com is over...for now....

1 comment:

  1. I miss your girls SO MUCH! They are growing up way too fast!!

    ReplyDelete